It’s time for tea to make a tremendous come back. Loyal tea drinkers never wavered but it does seem that we live in a coffee crazed society when it comes to preferred beverages.
Don’t get me wrong, I Love coffee.
But I know you want me to convince you so here are my top five reasons for why you should drink tea.
1. Regular tea drinking can lower your risk of heart disease and diabetes according to a study in the health journal, Nutrition Bulletin.
2. It’s a natural source of fluoride, preventing tooth decay.
3. Green tea contains immunity-boosting antioxidants and also speeds up your metabolism (combine this with your getting fit efforts!)
4. A cup of black tea with milk has less calories than the equivalent of just black coffee (how do you take your coffee?)
5. It keeps you hydrated (and it’s tasty!).
The other amazing thing about tea is there are so many varieties and each one seems to have its own set of medicinal and or health properties. For example: Fennel tea aids digestion, Nettle tea is a source of iron and helps with stress and peppermint helps in avoiding bloating after a heavy meal.
There is a delightful little tea house in my town of Gibsons called 1902 Tea house and it is there that I have rediscovered my love of tea.
Maybe I’m a sucker for the jazzy vibe as Louis Armstrong’s voice envelopes me like a cozy blanket; maybe it’s the mix of South African and British imported goods that fill the shelves.
Or maybe it’s the kiddy corner that keeps my babies occupied with a train table and play kitchen while I enjoy my hot cup of comfort.
Did I mention all their teas are loose leaf organic and custom blended? If you ever are in Gibsons and can steal away, I recommend you try these favourites:
Coconut Chai (I am most excited to try this one next!)
Caramel Latte (my personal favourite, creamy deliciousness and the best of both worlds)
Mama Mia (white tea steeped with rose petals, calendula and lavender)
Cape Carousal (a fruity mango rooibos blend)
Lemon Ginger Tulsi
….Feeling like a cup of tea yet? 😉
Like them on Facebook at 1902 Store and Tea House and stay updated for their soon to open online shop!