Blog awards are something I have wondered about from time to time: how does one get nominated for an award? Do you have to apply? Do you have to know somebody prestigious in the cyber world? How do you qualify for a given award?
Well thanks to Rebekah who blogs over at Surviving Toddlerhood, I now have a better understanding since she nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Nominees of this award are chosen based on quality of their writing, photography as well as any other defining blogging features. To be perfectly honest though, I think this award, more than anything is to promote other bloggers’ and expand each others’ networking potential. So it is with gratitude and honour that I accept this nomination and thank my nominator, Rebekah for thinking of my blog!
In turn, I pass the baton on to 13 bloggers whom I enjoy following and ask that they follow these three simple rules should they choose to accept.
i. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site.
ii. Tell seven random facts about yourself.
iii. Pay it forward to 13 versatile bloggers.
And now for the hard part, entertaining you with seven random facts about myself…
- I used to pose nude for a live art class.
- I speak conversational German (in other words, I am not fluent but can make friends with you if you speak the mother tongue of Deutschland).
- I lived in Austria for five months (hence random fact # 2).
- I plan, with my husband, to build a cob house within the next couple of years.
- I have had two VBACs (vaginal birth after caesarean).
- I lived on a little island with a population of 2,500 people for three-and-a-half years.
- I led a swing dance class with my husband for a year back in 2010.
And now onto my nominations for the Versatile Blogger award!
- As A Bee. This blog written by a dear friend who chronicles her journey of living on a boat, having a baby born with a heart defect and her life as a doula in addition to sharing snippets of her life living on a small island.
- Live Simple Anastasia blogs about her endeavour to live more simple and the ways she is changing her lifestyle to meet those goals.
- ohmydearloves Written by Stefani, mother to twin boys. She writes about her journey of motherhood as well as sharing her artistic flair and creations.
- monicaswitzer.com Monica writes encouraging Christ centered posts that derive from her own encounters being a mother of two and wife to a youth pastor.
- This Above All A bit of social commentary, a bit of education, a bit of health and beauty, really just a bit of almost everything!
- Soley Focused is written about Carmen’s life as a mom, wife to an army man and covers everything from health, good eats to devotions and prayer.
- Becoming SuperMommy doesn’t shy away from writing less than warm and fuzzy topics which is probably why I like her blog! She writes with strength and courage to support mothers everywhere.
- The little ways in everyday life Frances writes from Singapore about her journey in motherhood.
- Wordy Gertie This mom likes to discuss the many directions relevance takes in motherhood via politics, religion, kids and any other topics the tweak her interest.
- Life, Love and the Pursuit of Play is a mommy blog out of Vancouver, B.C. and gives lots of ideas about fun activities going on in the city as well as reflections on parenting and some of her favourite recipes.
- Eating Well…Living Thin(er!) The title says it all – Linda shares some fabulous recipes to keep wholesome eating to your table!
- Natural Baby and Me Another foodie blog with a lean on gluten-free cooking and baking.
- Dreamer of Improbable Dreams Honest thoughts, reflections and realizations from a young mom of two boys.
I hope you find some time to check out these blogs and be enriched because of them!