Shaking things up today with a link-up with some other fantastic bloggers and showing you five things I’m pretty excited about right now!
1. Budget jars: I get my OCD fix right here. There’s something quite satisfying about monitoring and knowing exactly how much we are spending on things each month. The way we sort it is having six jars: Groceries, Eating Out, Household, Alcohol, Entertainment and Transportation. This is our first month doing it and I feel happy to see that we are doing pretty well although we will make some adjustments to next month’s allotted amounts.
2. I just saw this 21 ways to eat toast on Facebook and I am seriously so excited to try them all! Thanks Buzzfeed.com!
3. This little sailor is turning one next month (already!)! He has brought so much joy to our lives and while the days are filled with many sides of craziness him and his year older brother bring, there is so much I am looking forward to in his next year of life!
4. Planting and eventually reaping the harvest has got to be one of the most rewarding things one can do in life. This year we have a box of lettuce, bok choi and salad greens in the soil soon to be followed by tomatoes which are currently budding over my kitchen sink. It’ll be another learning experience as I have moved the spinach to more suitable location (I hope!). Looking forward to a bountiful harvest this year!
5. On to Week #2 of my toddler taking it upon himself to do his business on his little potty is looking pretty promising! One day at a time. 🙂